Monday, February 4, 2013

Tofu & Slaw Tacos with Spicy Mexican Dressing


I saw these on Marcus Samuelsson's blog last week and thought ... yup, that's gonna happen. Soon. I altered the recipe a good bit, mainly because I like things REALLY spicy.






Prep: 15 mins
Bake time: 40-60 mins

The list of ingredients are in the link above.
Here's where I went down my own road:

For sauce:

1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons skim milk (or water in a pinch)
1 teaspoon cumin
pinch cayenne pepper
garlic salt to taste
fresh minced garlic to taste
1 teaspoon Melinda's Habanero sauce (real spicy)

I make this sauce whenever I make Mexican food. It's basically a thin, spicy topping for most any Mexican dish. I suggest combining all ingredients except the milk and then adding that last by tablespoon until it's at your desired thin or thickness. I prefer a pretty thin sauce that resembles a salad dressing. Basically, it's more cream for your buck (think calories). Note: I will also make this sauce when I only have sour cream, water, and Melinda's sauce in the house. It still tastes better than just dolloping sour cream onto a taco salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment